Vacancy for a Machine Operator
We are currently looking for a Machine Operator for our plasma cutter. This machine can also be used for 3-dimensional cutting and is fitted with a 3D bevel head that can be used to cut V- and K-butts.
About SJR Tank Construction
SJR Tank Construction is part of SJR Group. This group comprises four business units:
- SJR Tank Construction // Tank construction
- SJR Insultech // Insulation and thermal engineering
- SJR Piping // Piping specialists
- D&S Jacking // Jacking specialists (joint venture with Dura Vermeer)
SJR Tank Construction is a dynamic organisation that can look back on over 50 years of history. Over the past few years, we have developed into an all-round tank constructor for the industrial and horticultural sectors. Our ‘core business’ is the construction, insulation, repair and modification of storage tanks, process tanks and pressure vessels.
Within our organisation, we attach strong importance to pleasant collaboration – with each other, our clients and our partners – that is based on respect and trust. We rely on clear and transparent communication to make sure that matters don’t become unnecessarily complex. We have a pro-active and flexible attitude, aren’t afraid to take a good hard look at ourselves, and are open to improvement suggestions.
At the end of July 2016, we moved our head office and production facilities to our new state-of- the-art production location with office space at RDM Rotterdam – also known as the beating heart of Rotterdam’s port area.
- You bear responsibility for the control and operation of a plasma cutter;
- You ensure that materials are cut with optimum efficiency;
- You take due account of aspects like time, quality and use of materials;
- You bear responsibility for the dimensions and quality of the cut materials;
- You assume responsibility for the maintenance and servicing of the plasma cutter;
- You perform quality checks;
- You load the steel sheets with the aid of lifting and handling equipment;
- You bear responsibility for the correct coding of the products;
- You assist the member of the production staff in removing cut-offs and residuals;
- You make sure that your scheduled work is finished in time, take upcoming activities into account and respect delivery times.
- You have graduated from an LTS (lower vocational technical school) / VMBO-BBL (preparatory secondary vocational education – professional learning track) level 4 degree programme;
- Experience with operating a plasma cutter is considered an advantage;
- You have adequate knowledge about/experience with sheets of steel (of various qualities);
- You can read drawings;
- You have a certificate for a forklift truck;
- You can work neatly and safely, on an independent basis;
- You have a can-do approach;
- You don’t have a 9-to- 5 mentality.
What we offer
- A full-time position (40 hours per week)
- A varied job in an enthusiastic, motivated and no-nonsense work environment with colleagues who are pleasant company
- A decent salary with good fringe benefits
- Prospects of a regular employment contract
- Training and career development opportunities
Please send your application letter and CV to Margit Sloesen: email@example.com
If you would to know more, feel free to check our website or call Margit Sloesen.
SJR Tank Construction B.V.
3089 JZ Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 248 35 00