Due to our company’s growth, we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Sales Engineer. In this position, you will be in charge of calculating and deciding on prices in the tendering phase. You will draw up the budgets for new-build tanks and for tank maintenance. You will also draw up the budgets for tank-related steel constructions and for subcontracts, i.e. for cranes, conservation, insulation and transport by road and water, etc. Working at SJR Group B.V. offers plenty of variety, ranging from small queries to very large, 10-million-euro projects. Most of our clients operate in the petrochemical industry.
About SJR Group
SJR Group consists of the following divisions:
- SJR Tank Construction // Tank Construction
- SJR Tank Maintenance // Maintenance & Repairs
- SJR Greenhouse Tanks // Horticulture
- SJR Insultech // Insulation & Thermal Engineering
SJR is a dynamic company with over 56 years of history. In recent years, we have expanded to become an innovative, all-round tank building company. We aim to relieve our clients of much work and worry by offering full-service solutions. We believe that, in our company, people should be able to enjoy working together and working with our clients and partners, in relationships based on respect and trust. We keep communication clear and transparent; we do not unnecessarily overcomplicate things. We have a proactive and flexible attitude, we can step back and take a thorough look at ourselves and are happy to try out improvement suggestions.
- you inspect the queries, contract specifications and documentations;
- you confirm the presence of the necessary technical information, and ask for additional information whenever necessary;
- you calculate the quantities of materials and hours;
- you ask partners, suppliers and subcontractors to send offers stating their prices for work/materials;
- you put the queries and documents into costing structures and draw up offers;
- you discuss the offers with the sales department, giving them advice if necessary;
- you are the person the rest of the company can turn to with technical questions during the sales phase;
- you analyse the estimated costs and actual costs with the project managers;
- you calculate the contract extras and reductions.
- you have a degree from a university of applied sciences in mechanical engineering, or work experience at the same level;
- you have experience in a similar position (experience in a tank construction company and/or steel construction company would be a big advantage);
- you are a creative-technical thinker;
- you have a proactive, accurate, quality-conscious and cost-conscious attitude;
- you have good communications skills, in English too;
- you are familiar with the relevant standards; it is an advantage if you are familiar with the standards that apply to tank construction, such as EN 14015, API 650, API653 and EEMUA 159.
- you are familiar with the usual software like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Projects.
We can offer you:
- a full-time job;
- a varied job, with plenty of freedom for your own ideas and input;
- an enthusiastic, dedicated and no-nonsense working environment with great colleagues, in a dynamic, rapidly expanding company;
- opportunities for further education and career advancement;
- a good salary and benefits.
Would you like more information? Feel free to contact Rick Mostert at the following number: + 31 (0)10 248 3500. No questions? Please send your application along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SJR Tank Construction B.V.
3089 JZ Rotterdam, the Netherlands
T 010 – 248 35 00